This diagnostic work authorization form grants Artistic Auto Body, Inc. permission to perform a pre and post-repair diagnostic scan on your vehicle as part of the repair process. By accepting this procedure, you acknowledge the terms and conditions listed below. If you choose to decline this procedure, you acknowledge the repair shop will not be held liable for problems with the vehicle that cannot be detected without proper diagnostic scans.
Pre-Repair Diagnostic Scan – this is a complete health check of your vehicle and provides the repair shop (and insurance company, if applicable) a complete report on the number of computer modules on board, as well as any diagnostic trouble codes (DTC’s) that could indicate pre-accident and/or accident related damage. This essential step eliminates unnecessary delays waiting for parts and/or additional insurance authorizations, and identifies issues with the vehicle that could be missed without a pre-repair diagnostic scan.
Post-Repair Diagnostic Scan – this step ensures that all systems on your vehicle are in proper working order prior to delivery. It is important to note that the majority of DTC’s do not result in a malfunction indicator lamp (dashboard light). Failure to perform a post-repair scan by trained professionals with factory scan tools significantly increases the risk that your vehicle may be returned with malfunctioning, or inoperable, safety and convenience systems. A post-repair diagnostic scan is the single best way to ensure that your vehicle is returned to pre-incident condition.
In the process of performing a diagnostic scan, Artistic Auto Body, Inc. will collect important historical vehicle data, including in some cases, the date, time and mileage of when a DTC was created. This information is helpful in understanding if a problem is accident related or pre-existing. It is possible this information will be shared with your insurance company. Your acceptance of this procedure grants Artistic Auto Body, Inc. permission to share this information with others, including your insurance company. No personally identifiable information is collected during the pre or post-repair scan.
- Diagnosing vehicles has limitations. In some cases, modified vehicles may give false DTC’s. Artistic Auto Body, Inc. and its employees cannot be responsible for omission or errors caused by the information provided, or not provided, by the customer.
- All work performed by Artistic Auto Body, Inc. will be in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and defaults. This includes, but is not limited to, any repairs, calibrations, integrations, programming and set points as indicated by the OEM by way of their designated sources of such information. Artistic Auto Body, Inc. is not responsible for any damage that results from, or to, aftermarket parts, or modifications from OEM factory specifications.
- Variations between vehicles, according to the make model and trim level, may limit the information captured during a pre or post-repair diagnostic scan.
- Depending on the condition of the vehicle, and the extent of the damage, and other factors outside the control of Artistic Auto Body, Inc, a factory scan tool may not see every system on the vehicle being scanned.
- Artistic Auto Body, Inc. is not responsible for any changes made to the vehicle after the vehicle leaves the shop.
While Artistic Auto Body, Inc. recommends a pre and post-repair scan on every vehicle, it is especially important to perform these functions on newer, highly optioned, heavily damaged vehicles. Failure to do so significantly increases the risk to the vehicle owner and occupants.
YES - I accept having a pre and post-repair diagnostic scan performed on my vehicle, even if my insurance coverage does not pay for these procedures. In some instances, insurance coverage may not be determined until after the diagnostic scans are performed.
NO - I decline having a pre and post-repair diagnostic scan on my vehicle, though they were recommended by Artistic Auto Body, Inc. and the need for them was explained to me. I understand Artistic Auto Body, Inc. will not be held liable for any hidden damage that could not be detected during the repair process as a result of not having performed a pre-repair scan. I also understand certain systems may not function correctly, or at all, following the repair, and it would be impossible to detect issues with those systems without a post-repair diagnostic scan. I release Artistic Auto Body, Inc. from all liability for any pre-accident issues, hidden damage or post repair malfunctions that would have been discovered, had I consented to having pre and post-repair diagnostic scans performed.